Keyword

Child Categories in Category Menu Item

• Roy Sexton
  • Roy Sexton's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #125784 by Roy Sexton
Child Categories in Category Menu Item was created by Roy Sexton
I used the K2 menu item "Categories" twice on my site. Both times, I selected just one parent category, and fetched items from child categories (since I need those items to be in the content area). However, I have quite a few child categories, and I really want to get rid of the section that lists all the child categories before it displays the items. Problem is, I need those categories to display on one of the menu items, and not on the other.

I was wondering if there was some option to hide the category LIST (and yet still fetch the child category items themselves) without using the layout options for multiple category selections below that.

Did anyone else have to hide the category list, and if so, how can I accomplish this?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #125785 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Child Categories in Category Menu Item
Hi. If both menu links point to the same category then answer is that you cannot do this. If however point to different category, there is a setting in the category edit page named "Sub-category blocks" .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Roy Sexton
  • Roy Sexton's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #125786 by Roy Sexton
Replied by Roy Sexton on topic Re: Child Categories in Category Menu Item
Thank you for your reply, that helps a lot.

They do both point to the same category, but I wonder if there is another workaround. If i use two or more categories, it ignores the category options and instead has you define them in the menu item options? When I do this, for some reason, the formatting of the menu item falls apart, even if I set it to all the same values as the category had been.

Is there a module or anything that can perform the sub category blocks, so that I could maybe hide both blocks in the menu items and then add the module to the page I need it on?

Thanks again

More
10 years 7 months ago #125787 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Child Categories in Category Menu Item
You cannot display subcategories when you have menu link to multiple categories. For single category links i already answered in my previous post. Unfortunately i am not aware of a third party module doing this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)