Keyword

K2 2.6.8 doesn't show images in search results

More
10 years 6 months ago #125951 by eva
Hello, I can't find solution, I'm using universal ajax live search to show results from K2, everithing work ok except showing little images in results. Settings looks OK. I thing that problem can be somewhere in plugin/search/K2/k2.php, becouse when I for example replace it with file from lower version (I think it's K2 2.5.7) it shows images, but results are wrong. I've tried k2.php from many versions but every has it's own bug. Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #125952 by Lefteris
Hi. Universal AJAX live search is not part of K2. It's a third-party extension and you should ask it's developers for help.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 6 months ago #125953 by eva
Yes. it´s third-party extension but I saw similar problems with search images in lower versions of K2, in every cases was problem in plugin/search/K2/k2.php. AJAX live search work ok with ZOO and every other modules, so I really think that only one who can help me with this is K2 community. What I need is I think a short peace of code that will get image of item and put it in front of caption in search, but I can´t figure it how.

More
10 years 6 months ago #125954 by Lefteris
K2 only provides default search functionality. What you call a "problem" might not be a problem actually. As is told you K2 provides search plugin which works with the core Joomla! search extension. A customization required by a third-party extension is not a "problem" and definitely the best thing you have to do is to ask the developers of this extension. Maybe they have already released a new version to work with K2.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 6 months ago #125955 by eva
I was right problem is in plugin/search/K2/k2.php according to file from lower version there are missing 2 lines:

We need to add

if (JFile::exists(JPATH_SITE.DS.'media'.DS.'k2'.DS.'items'.DS.'cache'.DS.md5("Image".$item->id).'_L.jpg'))
$item->image = 'media/k2/items/cache/'.md5("Image".$item->id).'_L.jpg';

just under:

$results = array();
if (count($rows))
{
foreach ($rows as $row)
{
$new_row = array();
foreach ($row as $key => $item)
{

and we had to add i.id, after SELECT in part:

$query = "
SELECT i.title AS title,
i.metadesc,
i.metakey,
c.name as section,
i.image_caption,
i.image_credits,
i.video_caption,
i.video_credits,
i.extra_fields_search,
i.created,

So it will look like this:

SELECT i.id, i.title AS title,
i.metadesc,
i.metakey,
c.name as section,
i.image_caption,
i.image_credits,
i.video_caption,
i.video_credits,
i.extra_fields_search,
i.created,

And that's all.. :ohmy:

More
10 years 6 months ago #125956 by Lefteris
This code never existed in K2 search plugin. So probably you ( or whoever built the site ) hardcoded this code into the file. I suggest that you make this a different plugin otherwise you will lose your changes again in future updates.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---