Keyword

number of items to dislpay to mobile devices

• kostas
  • kostas's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #126028 by kostas
Hello,
Just wondering if there is a way to limit the number of k2 items to be displayed in category view for mobile devices so that the website will be lighter and run faster in this devices.
For example if a website has 60 k2 articles in its homepage, how can i limit the number of items to 20 when someone visit this website from his mobile phone.
Sorry for my English and thnks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #126029 by Lefteris
Hi. The answer is that you can't. This is currently the problem of most CMSs regarding mobile content. A solution would be to load the page via ajax so the request would be different depending on client. This probably can also be done using PHP and a system plugin but this would require to turn of caching , which is not a good thing.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• kostas
  • kostas's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #126030 by kostas
Thnks for the reply Lefteris. I appreciate the informations you provide as i was strungling with this problem for a while now. I decided to create a subdomain for mobile users with less items in paganation and use htaccess to detect mobile users and redirect them to that subdomain.

More
10 years 6 months ago #126031 by Lefteris
Yes this is a solution. But is not good from SEO perspective. Google will detect duplicate URLs for the same content.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)