Keyword

Edit the FaceBook social text

• Cache Advertising
  • Cache Advertising's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #126222 by Cache Advertising
Edit the FaceBook social text was created by Cache Advertising
I want to remove the annoying "Sign Up to see what your friends like" text that appears next to the FaceBook icon. I realize it's a simple task, but I cant find the proper location anywhere.
Joomla 3.2-Protostar template-K2
I'm not using any other social extensions. Just the twitter/facebook/G+ that comes with K2.

Crazy thing is (as per my attached picture) GetK2.org has obviously felt the same annoyance with this text and changed it on their own site so Im suprised that, not only has it not been changed on K2 as a whole, but that there are no other forum posts addressing this issue...???

Thanks in advance for any help. Please feel free to speak to me as a child when responding because even with firebug I've just been going around in circles trying to figure out how and where to make this change. I don't know what I'm missing.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cache Advertising
  • Cache Advertising's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #126223 by Cache Advertising
Replied by Cache Advertising on topic Re: Edit the FaceBook social text
I found a solution so I hope this helps somebody. Even now that I know the source of this code I still can't locate it with firebug. I guess I'm still a complete amateur. Either way here it is...

Go to /components/com_k2/templates/default/item.php and you will find the script on line 300 and something. The exact line number is in the attached picture #1.

Then go to developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/like-button/ and configure the button how you would like.
For example if you would like your button to appear as it does on this website GetK2.org and not as it does by default on the K2 extension you would choose "button_count" as pictured in attachment #2.

Hope this helps somebody.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.