Keyword

K2 comments include subcategories from category

More
10 years 6 months ago #126251 by Mick
Hi,

I am using K2 comments in a K2 category.
I have a main category EUROPE, which has subcategories like Great Britain, Germany, Finland etc. These subcategories have also subcategories.
For example:

EUROPE
. Great Britain
.. London
.. Liverpool
. Finland
.. Helsinki
.. Espoo

These categories all have K2 articles in them.

Now what i would like to do is to add a sidebar to all of these categories and subcategories. The sidebar would have a module K2 Comments on it and show comments from EUROPE category INCLUDING the subcategories.
Right now the module is not doing it. If i choose for category EUROPE, it does not include the subcategories - but will only take comments from articles, that are directly under the main category EUROPE - but there are none there. Also, there are so many cities in Europe and they are being added to the site all of the time, it would be so much energy consuming to remember always to add a new place (subcategory) to the K2 comments module, just for the module to work. It would be much easier, if somehow I could tell the module, to fetch comments from subcategories as well. Any idea, how this can be done?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #126252 by Lefteris
Hi. You cannot do this. The bundled K2 comments module does not support recursive fetching of comments. Probably you need to look for a third-party module that does that or hire a programmer to build a module for you.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #126253 by Mick
Okay, thanks for the input. I thought maybe it is a small parameter or line to add to the code to make it work like this. Thanks again.

Do you perhaps know any third party modules that can do that?