Keyword

Help needed with front-end submission form

• CherylV
  • CherylV's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #126403 by CherylV
Hi -

I need help trouble-shooting or replacing a custom, front-end submission form. The form was working perfectly until I changed my front-end template - under the new site-wide template only half of the styling picked up (suggesting that the developer who created it for me put some of the code into the RocketTheme template rather than into either the itemform.php or a custom template override - grrr). I was able to make it render again by assigning the old template to that one page.

However, I am now discovering that the form does not work consistently - sometimes user submissions come through fine but sometimes the extra fields (which are critical to my form) do not capture any data. This does not seem to be user-specific: the same members have had both successful and unsuccessful submissions. I'm not sure whether this problem relates to the template, or whether it's possible that submissions are somehow getting lost due to sh404SEF (which I implemented after making the template change).

The form itself is not complicated - in essence, extra fields appear in a single form with the title, category & introtext rather than appearing in tabs, and once the user hits 'submit' they are redirected to another k2 item with a "thank you" message. Thus, it may be easier to replicate the form properly than to disentangle the current one. Because the site is live with active user submissions, the problem is urgent so I appreciate any assistance!!

Thanks,
Cheryl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CherylV
  • CherylV's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #126404 by CherylV
Any ideas - or anyone willing to help - out there in K2 land? This really is creating a problem for my users and I really need some help to sort it out! Thanks!

More
10 years 6 months ago #126405 by webjo
The customizations made to the K2 front-end submission form would have been made in the itemform.php file in the OLD_TEMPLATE_NAME /html/com_k2/templates/default directory (unless there are multiple templates set up).

They were made in that location so that updates to K2 would not override the customizations.

On an offline test version of the site, copy the html/com_k2/templates/ folder from the old template folder to the new and see if the customizations return.

More
10 years 6 months ago #126406 by kiel
copy the html/com_k2/templates/ folder from the old template folder to the new and see if the customizations return.

More
10 years 6 months ago #126407 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Help needed with front-end submission form
Try what webjo suggested. Also check that your page does not have any javascript errors when users click the save button.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)