Keyword

Before proceeding want to know if this will work

• Anne Marie Rasmussen
  • Anne Marie Rasmussen's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #126447 by Anne Marie Rasmussen
Before proceeding want to know if this will work was created by Anne Marie Rasmussen
I am hoping to build a combo news portal and community user site. I have used K2 before for a couple of sites but never for users. I want each registered user to have their own page where they can update their own information and news and have an image gallery showing off their work. My preference is that the user page is created automatically for the new registered (approved) user. I am not looking for a social networking situation as the user pages need to be visible to the public. I wondered if K2's user blog pages might be the way to go? And if so is there documentation on setting this up. Any help or suggestions to make this work would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #126448 by Lefteris
Hi. K2 user pages are just list of items of a specific user. You can use front-end editing for this. Just create a K2 category and let your K2 users post there by tweaking the K2 user groups permissions. Then each user page will display user items. The only issue i see here is how you will created a directory of users since K2 does not include one. The best thing to do is to download K2 and evaluate it on your own. It will not get you more than one hour and you will know for sure if K2 can do exactly what you want.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.