Keyword

[SOLVED] Resizing images in Category layout

• Jonathan Patrick
  • Jonathan Patrick's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #126475 by Jonathan Patrick
[SOLVED] Resizing images in Category layout was created by Jonathan Patrick
I have read through a lot of similar topics but none of them have solved my problem. All I want to do is to show a smaller image on the category layout page, but no matter what size I choose in the edit category page nothing happens. I can select small, x-small, large, even if I choose no image nothing happens. If I change the number of columns to like 3, the image will change size to fit within the column, but that's it. I have tried deleting the images and re-uploading. I have checked in the parameters, they are fine, but the category edit should override them anyway right? I am very new to K2. This is the first site that I have used it on, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something really simple to make this work, or I'm misunderstanding what the function does. I'm looking to have a smaller image (kind of like a thumbnail) on the category listing page, while having a full size image on the item page. This is what it does right? And which image does it pull from the item page? Just the first one, or will it resize all of them if you don't have a read more button?

Any help will be greatly helpful, as I see the great potential of K2 if I can get past this first hump.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jonathan Patrick
  • Jonathan Patrick's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #126476 by Jonathan Patrick
Replied by Jonathan Patrick on topic Re: Resizing images in Category layout
Ok. I figured it out and it was really simple for anyone else having the same problem. I feel dumb for not realizing this sooner. I was not inserting the image correctly. You have to use the image tab at the top of the editor to insert an "item image" into K2. I was just inserting an image into the article. So now I have to go back and re insert like 30 images!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.