Keyword

Need "My Page" to load as a new page

• Alice Grevet
  • Alice Grevet's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #126650 by Alice Grevet
Need "My Page" to load as a new page was created by Alice Grevet
Hi,

When I click on "My Page" in the user menu, it loads my profile at the bottom of whatever is already on the page I am on. I need for it to load just my profile information as a new page. I've scoured the forum and have not found the answer.

I also made a module of k2 users that shows all of the users of my website on one page. If I click on one of their names, their profile also loads at the bottom of my list of users - not as a new page.

In both of these cases you don't even know the profile has loaded because it's so far down the page.

I really need this functionality. If there is an override can you please tell me how to do it?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #126651 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Need "My Page" to load as a new page
Hi. A link to your site would be very helpful.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Alice Grevet
More
10 years 6 months ago #126652 by Alice Grevet
Replied by Alice Grevet on topic Re: Need "My Page" to load as a new page
Hi Lefteris - thanks for your reply. It's a members only section of a website - can I send you a login privately?

Thanks.

More
10 years 6 months ago #126653 by Lefteris
No you cannot send me a private message. As you describe it, it sounds like a module assignment issue. Go to the module manager and ensure that the modules you wish are assigned only to the desired pages. Probably you should not load your module on all pages.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Alice Grevet
More
10 years 6 months ago #126654 by Alice Grevet
Replied by Alice Grevet on topic Re: Need "My Page" to load as a new page
My modules are published to only one page, but if they are in the content-top position, directly above the main body, those modules do not disappear when I click on My Page - in some instances, those modules are very large (slideshow) so you don’t even see the profile without scrolling.

What I want is to get the user profiles on my website to load like they do on this one. Here is the URL to My Page on getk2: getk2.org/show/user/52465-alicegrevet

On my website it loads like this if I’m on the newsletter page: /index.php/index.php/newsletter/itemlist/user/62-alicegrevet

or like this if I’m on the research page: index.php/index.php/research/itemlist/user/62-alicegrevet

How did you guys do that? How can I get it to load as /show/user/…. ???

Thank you.

More
10 years 6 months ago #126655 by Lefteris
Check the Advanced SEF options in K2 parameters. Note that enabling this will change all your URLs. However i don't think it will solve your problem. If the users are fixed then you can add menu links for those users. If not then you can do a simple check in your template and not load the module position if you are on user page.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---