Keyword

Internal Server Error when adding title image

More
10 years 6 months ago #126695 by Guido
Hi there,

I have a question regarding the title image of a K2 article. I always get an "Internal Server Error" (I think its errorcode 500) when I want to add a title image to an article by using the image tab above the K2 editor window. If I do the same with the button "image" below the input window, it works.
I have tried this with several templates (including standard templates and gk_magazine), tried it with different articles and images. Also I used images from the server and uploaded ones but it does not work. I always get the same error.
Since the normal insertion of images works, I suspect the error somewhere in K2. Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Here some data:

K2 2.6.8
Joomla 3.2.3
Provider: All-Inclusive

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #126696 by Lefteris
Hi. Joomla! does not resize any images so there is no reason to fail. K2 on the other hand resize the image. 9 out of 10 times this is caused by memory limit and server setup issues. Go to K2 parameters and under Advanced Image Settings set the Enforce memory limit (in MBs) for image processing to 128. Also go to K2 information page and check that everything looks fine there.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #126697 by Guido
Hi Lefteris,

first, thank you for your reply!
I changed the setting to 128 but it didnt help. Also all parameters and entries on the K2 information page look fine.
Nevertheless, when I took a look in the warnings of the extension manager I found this:

"The PHP temporary directory is not set
The PHP temporary directory is the directory that PHP uses to store an uploaded file before Joomla! can access this file. Whilst the directory not being set isn't always a problem, if you are having issues with manifest files not being detected or uploaded files not being detected, setting this in your php.ini file might fix the issue."

Is this maybe in any way related to the issue?

Kind regards

UPDATE

To get more insight into the problem I just tried to add a smaller picture to an existing K2 article by loading it up from my pc instead of using the media manager to get it from the server. This time it worked!

Then I tried it again with another small picture but this time I first loaded it up to the media manager and then tried to add it to the article. This time I got "Error Local file doesn't exist."

Now I tried to add the very same picture that caused the error by uploading it directly from my pc (without using the media manager before) and now again got the internal server error.

Its getting odd now (at least to me).

More
10 years 6 months ago #126698 by Lefteris
Have you checked K2 information page as i suggested? You can also try to set error reporting to "Maximum" under Joomla! configuration. This should give you the actual error.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)