Keyword

add categ and problem with menu assignments

• gaker
  • gaker's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #126719 by gaker
hello,
I am using latest K2, J 3.2.3 and latest add categories on my localhost in private network so I am unable to show this here :(

I am building site with product catalog and with few products I have a real problem. This specific products belongs to two or more categories, but I am using only one article for it.

And I have one big menu with few levels which was good to show all categories, and after clicking on category listing products from it in mainbody.

And my problem is: When I navigate to one category and open the product there is no any indicator which will show that this item belongs to another category(other menu positions will hide). What is worst, when I have created which navigating to product by one category, I can't make another link by another category and when I open product by another (than link) category the menu is changed totally - Joomla loads other menu, connected with the category from link.

What should I do to better control showing menus assignments on links to products which are oin more than one category ?

Thank you for your help

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #126720 by Lefteris
Hi. Since you are using additional categories plugin i suggest that you ask it's developers for help. Regarding K2 you just need to create menu link to the item category. Then all links to the same item would be the same in all your site.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.