Keyword

[SOLVED] No Text Visible in Categories Blog

• Andrey German
  • Andrey German's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #126810 by Andrey German
[SOLVED] No Text Visible in Categories Blog was created by Andrey German
I'm having this very aggravating problem, and I don't know how to fix it.
On this page where I want to display News articles (K2 Categories page), absolutely no text from the actual article shows up. The image does though. If you click on the link, everything is there. I have gone through every single option in categories, the individual articles, the menu item. Nothing that I've found fixes this. Creating a new category with default settings has the same problem.
What's even more irritating is that everything worked exactly as it should with the sample articles that came with the template. I used them to figure out what settings I wanted, and proceeded to delete them and start making my own when I was happy. So I can't go back and just modify those. Please help! (And yes, I deleted them completely)

Edit: Additionally, I cannot tag within the article creation interface. I have to create tags separately in the Tags section. When attempting to tag in the article interface, I can write them all into the field, but when I save, they all disappear, and do not exist in the Tags section.

Here's a link: itercm.com/index.php/news

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andrey German
  • Andrey German's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #126811 by Andrey German
Replied by Andrey German on topic Re: No Text Visible in Categories Blog
Mmk.... :huh:
Apparently, the problem was in the tags all along. I couldn't tag through the article, which apparently causes the text to not display unless you're on the article's own page. After creating the tags in the Tags section, and then adding these tags to the article *poof*. The article text now works.

So, I'm glad I figured out the problem, but am I the only one who things this shouldn't actually be a problem?

Anyway, solved.

More
10 years 6 months ago #126812 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: No Text Visible in Categories Blog
Hi. What version of K2/Joomla! are you using? The tags issue indicates a javascript error. Check your browser console for errors.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)