Keyword

Overriding Default Items View w/ Admin's TMPL Dir?

• Sylvias
  • Sylvias's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #126829 by Sylvias
Is there a way to override the back-end views of K2 and place them into the admin template's html directory?

The reason why I ask is because I just made some rather nice changes to the way the default items grid (/administrator/com_k2/views/items/tmpl/default.php to be specific) is displayed on back-end. I did this based on specific request by my client.

In order not to be affected by future K2 upgrades, I tried copying "/administrator/com_k2/views/items/tmpl/default.php" into to the "html" admin template's directory so that it reads the override like this: "adminTemplateDir/html/com_k2/views/items/tmpl/default.php".

It did not work for me. So:

1- is there a way to override the above (or any view template for that matter) to accomplish my intention?

"In solidarity, unity and support; we the K2 Community, will stand together and committed; to growing, improving and maximizing the amazing the system K2 truly is!" -- Sylvia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #126830 by Lefteris
Hi. Yes you can do it. The correct path should be adminTemplateDir/html/com_k2/items/default.php".

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.