Keyword

Cannot publish, edit or unpublish items

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #126845 by Tim
Hello everyone,

Our website is built using K2. Lately we realized that when we try to add, edit or remove items, K2 basically doesn't respond. We can create the items in backend but the item will never show on the website in any form.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Please advise!

This is our website: straighttalkconsulting.com/

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #126846 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Cannot publish, edit or unpublish items
Hi. Ensure that:

1. The item is published. Also check it's start and end publishing dates as well as the access level.
2. Do the same for the category of the item.
3. Ensure that the item is somehow supposed to be displayed in front-end ( via a menu ink or a module etc ).
4. Try to clean Joomla! cache.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 6 months ago #126847 by Tim
Thanks for the reply!

Actually we have already follow all of those steps as suggested. I have personally just run through the list again and check the site. They all checked, but the items still wont update. The access level are public for everything, and both the items and the categories are published. Module is also pulling from K2 as the module manager indicated.

Say I wish to update the content of one of the items in K2 that is already publish and live. I will make the change and save, and it will reflect in K2 component inside admin. After publishing everything again (item, category, even the module), the changes just wont reflect in the live site.

Similarly, I would add an item and the item will say that it is published, but it will not show on the site.

Is there anything else we can check or take a look at? Or is there something I can do to get help?

Again, thanks for all the assistance.

More
10 years 6 months ago #126848 by Lefteris
What are you using in front-end to display the items? Is it a menu link to K2 or a K2 module? In both cases you need to check your settings. If you are using a 3rd party component or module then it might be an issue of it. An other thing to check is that you don't have any categories with the same name as filtering may be difficult in that case ( you may have selected one instead of the other ). Finally i assume that you are using the latest version of K2 ( 2.6.8 ) and the latest version of Joomla! for your series.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 6 months ago #126849 by Tim
We are using module to display the K2 items. The whole website is based off a 3rd party template. And we do not have categories with the same name.

Would you suggest a re-install on K2 or the template? It really seems like something is off since everything checked out.

More
10 years 6 months ago #126850 by Lefteris
You didn't answer my question. Are you using one of the bundled K2 modules ( like K2 Content ) or you are using a third-party module?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 6 months ago #126851 by Lefteris
Reinstall is something you can try. Just remember to not uninstall first. If you uninstall K2 will delete all your items and categories.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---