Keyword

Hide featured items from Tag Listing pages

• zazel baltao
  • zazel baltao's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #126929 by zazel baltao
Hide featured items from Tag Listing pages was created by zazel baltao
Hi

I have a tag listing page here: housefm.net/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=tag&tag=London&task=tag&Itemid=241

I created this as a K2 tag menu item type linked to a category called events. In the event category parameters I have set featured items to NOT display and this is fine on a normal category listing page menu item type i.e. here: housefm.net/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=4&Itemid=205 - but if I do a tag listing type page the featured items STILL show.

Could someone please tell me how to exclude featured items from tag type menu listing pages. I have a module at the top of each listing page already that displays ONLY FEATURED ITEMS and I want the listing below to display ONLY NON FEATURED ITEMS so they are not repeated twice.

Thanks
p.s. I am using tags because I have events that need to be displayed in multiple pages i.e. the same event may need to show in London, UK and Festivals listings etc. and I am using the module at the top because I want featured items to have priority displaying in the section at the top. If you have any other suggestions to achieve the above please let me know this also.

Joomla! 3.1.5
K2 v2.6.7

:kiss:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #126930 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Hide featured items from Tag Listing pages
Hi. You cannot do this with tags. Tags are just filters displaying all items under a specific tag. The only options for tag listings are available under K2 global parameters.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• zazel baltao
  • zazel baltao's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #126931 by zazel baltao
Replied by zazel baltao on topic Re: Hide featured items from Tag Listing pages
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I wonder do you have any other suggestion on how I could make an event appear in 3 different listings i.e. in main Events category listing, as well as say London and Festivals?

Please let me know.

Many thanks

More
10 years 6 months ago #126932 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Hide featured items from Tag Listing pages
Yes. Create menu links to categories. Then you can have different settings per menu link regarding the featured items. You can also have different template by menu link.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)