Keyword

Customization of K2 search with search extension.

• Justin Place
  • Justin Place's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #127245 by Justin Place
Hi there K2 community & K2 Admins,

I have been working on a Joomla/K2 Directory listing website with paid profiles

There are Category listing pages and on those listing pages, if a business has paid for a profile there is a "View profile" link .. otherwise there is just a business listing with a contact number.

I recently purchased & installed Ajax Universal Live Search extension which is very nice, However with it using K2 SEARCH for K2, when I search a keyword and it brings up search results in terms of items.
That search result list has a mixture of the paid profiles with the the k2 item image as the thumbnail
as well as other items (which are not paid profiles and don't have "View profile" links ..

view exhibit A:

Description:
As you can see, the first 2 results have image thumbnails (links to paid profiles)
The last result has a N/A thumbnails (none profile page) but it still links to that profile (item page) that has no styling and that i don't want, unless a business HAS a profile page.

Now i realize that K2 Search brings up ALL Items regardless. This is what im looking for, customization.

1. The search results that have N/A thumbnails ideally can be linked to their respective category listing page. (since i dont want their item page linked [with no styling layout or content.]
2. The search results that have k2 Item images as thumbnails can stay as it is because that is a link to their respective profile page.

If necessary i can pay for this customization, i just would like an indication how difficult this customization would be, and if it not complex otherwise, any direction would be appreciated.

Please let me know if there is something not clear.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,
Justin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #127246 by Lefteris
Hi. I don't know how Ajax Universal Live Search but if it is using search plugins, then you can create your own based on the default K2 search plugin. Then you can simply disable the default K2 search plugin and have your own executed. So to summarize, this is something that can be done but it requires programming knowledge.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Justin Place
  • Justin Place's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #127247 by Justin Place
Hi Lefteris,

Ajax Universal Search makes use of the k2 Search plugin, I'm using the latest version of k2 search.

All i want is the search results that have the default [no k2 item image] thumbnail, to rather link the item to their respective Category view page.

Is it difficult to do?

More
10 years 5 months ago #127248 by Lefteris
It is not difficult for a programmer. I suggest that you hire a developer to create a search plugin based on the bundled for K2 items. An alternative way would be to make a template override for Ajax Universal Search ( if it supports overrides ) and then alter the link there.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)