Keyword

how to apply image uploader to all child categorie

• Bysshe
  • Bysshe's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #127382 by Bysshe
I want each of my bloggers to be able to upload images into placeholders as near to the K2 category description intro as possible.
In other words I would like each blogger to be able to upload their primary pictures of themselves but where I want them to appear which is as close as possible to their K2 category heading.
Uploading into category description would be ideal but not possible but this does illustrates what I am trying to do. I want these important images at the top of the introduction of each child category. And I would like each category blogger to be able to upload the images to that spot from the frontend.

Therefore I have to make the placeholders and I have to give the blogger an uploader facility to use from the frontend.
How do I go about this with K2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #127383 by Lefteris
Hi. There is no front-end editing for categories in K2. You probably need to hire a developer to create an extension for you.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Bysshe
  • Bysshe's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #127384 by Bysshe
I thank you Lefteris Kavadas for your help. I appreciate it. I understand there is no possibility of frontend editing to categories. But as next best thing is there a way I can offer users ability to upload images into place holders in an item (k2 Article) and make it permanently stay in position as the first item of the blog while all the others change as new blog items are added.?

More
10 years 5 months ago #127385 by Lefteris
I don't think you can do this. Have you tried to tweak the ordering settings? You can use ordering to define which items will be displayed first in a list.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)