Keyword

Limit Category View by TAG

• Mark Buckingham
  • Mark Buckingham's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #127410 by Mark Buckingham
Limit Category View by TAG was created by Mark Buckingham
Hi folks - new to this community. Have searched for this topic and do not believe there is a solution posted yet.

I have a site I am developing markbits.com.au/eclipse_dev/

It is K2/RocketTheme/Gantry

I have a set of products divided into three main types
  1. AUTOMOTIVE
  2. TRADE WASTE
  3. ENERGY SOLUTIONS

There are a lot of sub-categories, call nested under a generic category called PRODUCTS

There are around 40 items they sell/support and some of them may be used in all or any of 1, 2 and 3 above. Therefore we have TAGGED each item as well. So there is a relationship between the category and tag.

I want to create a menu item to show items in a category, but limit them results by tag.
  • If I select a CATEGORY menu, I cannot limit by TAG
  • If I select a TAG menu, I can limit by TAG and select CATEGORY, but I cannot select columns, retrieve number or other items I have in CATEGORY.

I think I am just confused.

If someone has a solution (and yes, I will pay for module or expert), please let me know.

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #127411 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Limit Category View by TAG
Hi. The only way to limit by tags and category is to either make a menu link to tag or use the K2 tools tag cloud module with category restriction. In both case however you will get the tag listing layout and not the category layout. If you need to display a gird there you will have to implement it on your own. All available options for tag listings can be found under K2 parameters.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.