Keyword

Allow user to import content from their rss feeds?

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #127412 by Spike
You know there is this component called Feed Gator, that converts feeds into articles, it works flawlessly, but wouldn't be nice if any user had the ability to import his content into k2?

I mean, with Feed Gator only the Admin have that ability, and what I'm saying is that there should be in k2 a feature similar to what Feed Gator does, so each user would be able to insert his feed on a field, save it, then the site would automatically fetch it and convert it into a new article.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #127413 by Lefteris
Hi. I don't think this should be a feature of K2. I think this should be a feature of FeedGator ( or any other extension which is parsing feeds ). Alternatively this cab be implemented as a K2 plugin.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 5 months ago #127414 by Spike

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: Hi. I don't think this should be a feature of K2. I think this should be a feature of FeedGator ( or any other extension which is parsing feeds ). Alternatively this cab be implemented as a K2 plugin.

You're right, anyway, what matter is the result, as long as the user has the ability to perform that action, it will be great. Should I take this topic to Feed Gator's developer attention?

More
10 years 5 months ago #127415 by Lefteris
It's up to you. You are free to do it.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)