Keyword

Aditional info next to full text (uikit?)

• MessageDJ
  • MessageDJ's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #127611 by MessageDJ
Hey Guys,

i am quite a fan of K2, but i like to have the additional fields block at the right of the full text.

I have this Yootheme template that is based on UIKIT. it should be quite simple, but i can not figure it out.

Here is a simple code example of how the default grid with 2 columns would look like:

<div class="uk-grid">
<div class="uk-width-1-2">FULL TEXT</div>
<div class="uk-width-1-2">ADITIONAL INFO CODE</div>
</div>

but where do i put this code in the item.php to get two columns

Help would be highly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #127612 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Aditional info next to full text (uikit?)
Hi. First read getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates to get familiar with K2 templates. Then you can just edit the item.php file and add the HTML code you need.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• MessageDJ
  • MessageDJ's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #127613 by MessageDJ
Replied by MessageDJ on topic Re: Aditional info next to full text (uikit?)
hey Lefteris Kavadas,

First of all, thanks for your time to answer my question. I did read the info, and search all over the web. but you know, the problem is that every time you find a question like this you see the same answer you give me.

i have tried fitting in the Uiikit code in almost every place. I know html/php/css3 not as an expert, but i know the basics. But i dont get it right for some reason.

The other thing i ask myself, why isn't there a place where you can just simply download a few basic templates with for instance sidebar left, sidebar right... but that is another question ;) lets stick with the subject:

can you help me fitting in the Uikit code in the item.php?

More
10 years 5 months ago #127614 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Aditional info next to full text (uikit?)
You are welcome. You get the same answer because this is the only answer you can get. The link i provided you gives you the guidelines how to apply your HTML/CSS knowledge in K2. The rest part is up to you ( or your template ). Of course asking is not a bad thing so maybe a member of our community has the time to give the exact CSS code. Now if i missed the point and the code you inserted in item.php is not displayed at all then let me know so i can help you find out what's wrong.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)