Keyword

Version 3 delayed?

• danko54
  • danko54's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #127972 by danko54
Version 3 delayed? was created by danko54
Hi, When k2 v3 will be available? had to be available by the end of April and now we are in May and still do not know anything, we are many users waiting for news about! k2 v3 Has Been Canceled? Give us the news so we can decide Whether to wait k2 v3 or we still have to work with k2 v2 for new sites.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• danko54
More
10 years 5 months ago #127973 by danko54
Replied by danko54 on topic Version 3 delayed?
please support to answer the question, k2 v3 when it will be available?

More
10 years 5 months ago #127974 by Doug Robertson
Replied by Doug Robertson on topic Version 3 delayed?
Up front, I really like K2 and enjoy using it. I think it is a great tool and plan to keep using it. I want them to be successful with the v3 launch and that is partly why I am writing this.

On the other hand JoomlaWorks seems to be one of the worst companies about effectively communicating anything. We have been waiting for v3 forever. We begged for any form of update and they never gave us one. Then out of the blue they announce we will have a beta on v3 right around the corner and give us a date. They are obviously missing that date significantly and once again they decide to keep us in the dark.

I don't expect every detail on what is going wrong and I would be extremely accepting of the schedule slipping. What I can't stand is this attitude they have about keeping their loyal customers in the dark. It make me lose faith in them. I can't imagine what they would be like to work with on a project. Good communication is critical.

I understand that Fotis may have other things to focus on or he may not be the best communicator, but get someone to do the job. I want them to succeed and a little communication with the users would go a long way towards making that happen. Instruct an intern to give a basic update every two weeks. All it needs to say is;

"Here is where we are at, this is roughly what we think will happen and we are committed to keeping people in the loop."

Right now this silence after giving us a public timeline really sucks and I believe it is hurting many peoples opinion of JoomlaWorks.

This is obviously just my opinion, but I hope someone thinks about what is going on and starts talking to the users.

• danko54
More
10 years 5 months ago #127975 by danko54
Replied by danko54 on topic Version 3 delayed?
Up the post, we have not yet received the news, want answers on k2 v3 version that was supposed to be available in late April. It is rumored that the project K2 was abandoned, we all have to move to a new CCK for joomla? Give us the news and dates safe, this post will be upped until we have some news!

More
10 years 5 months ago #127976 by Doug Robertson
The schedule based on the blog entry by Fotis was this;

"We are soon wrapping up development and beginning extensive testing on the upcoming "big" upgrade to K2, version 3. We estimate to have a beta release out by the end of March, with the stable release being scheduled for late April 2014. "

The march beta release was missed in a big way and we are obviously not seeing a live version in April. At this point I doubt anything will happen in May.

Please just tell us what is happening! The K2 users deserve to be treated better than this.

More
10 years 5 months ago #127977 by BernardFerguat
Replied by BernardFerguat on topic Version 3 delayed?
+1 !
I'm currently building a new website based on K2 but things like this, the absense of new on updates or support are freightning me. Please give us some news on this!
Thanks in a dvance!

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #127978 by Tudor Drugan
Replied by Tudor Drugan on topic Version 3 delayed?

danko54 wrote: ...It is rumored that the project K2 was abandoned...

Please provide a reference to your statement.

We are all waiting for K2 version 3. Until then 2.6.9 dev edition is running fine with no problems on Joomla 3.3.0.

More
10 years 5 months ago #127979 by Doug Robertson
I would like to know where the rumor of v3 being canceled is coming from also. I don't know anything about that.

I understand that people with long standing sites using K2 may not be as worried about this, but I have a new site we are trying to implement that has a huge amount of K2 integration. Not just template work, but also using extra fields and other features to integrate with outside data sources.

This is work that I do not want to do twice. If v3 is actually right around the corner then I want to do the whole implementation in v3. If v3 is actually vaporware then I also need to know that so I can make my decisions.

As much as I like K2 this lack of communication seriously bothers me. If they can't be relied on to give us information then I may be forced to find alternatives. I don't want to do that, but they have been jerking us around on this forever.

The sad part is that they have an amazing opportunity to monetize this that is stupidly being wasted. I would be happy to pay a reasonable amount for K2 as long as they were actually treating me like a customer. If they had paid support I would also be happy to buy that - as long as they could be trusted to follow through and provide it. At this point they are seriously eroding that trust.

I don't need K2 to be free, but I do need to be able to trust that they will maintain it and support me when I need the help.

More
10 years 5 months ago #127980 by Murray Deerbon
Replied by Murray Deerbon on topic Version 3 delayed?

We are all waiting for K2 version 3. Until then 2.6.9 dev edition is running fine with no problems on Joomla 3.3.0.

I think there might be a bug that has been introduced when upgrading to Joomla! 3.3.0 Stable. When updating the K2 settings in the Parameters (Components | K2| Parameters), one can't "Save"; "Save & Close" or "Cancel" from the screen. To leave the screen, one must select "Global Configuration" (on the top left side of the screen) and then cancel. "Save", "Save & Close" have no effect on any of the changes made whilst on the K2 option.

I'm not sure if this is a Joomla bug, or a K2.
Has anyone else had a similar problem, and are waiting for a new release of K2 to hopefully rectify it.

More
10 years 5 months ago #127981 by Doug Robertson
Hi Murray

I'm not sure if this is a Joomla bug, or a K2.
Has anyone else had a similar problem, and are waiting for a new release of K2 to hopefully rectify it.

I would imaging that any bug like that would be fixed in the main 2.x.x versions. I certianly hope you wouldn't need to wait for v3 for K2 to address an issue like that.

What we are mainly discussing in this thread is the lack of updates about the new version 3 of K2 after they promoted it and gave us release dates on the blog. This should not affect your concern.

Doug