Keyword

Multicolumn deny to work

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #128146 by Bill
Multicolumn deny to work was created by Bill
I am building a site for a friend and the template was using K2 so we must also use K2 for "x" reasons.

In menu bar (let's call it) "Items", I was using Joomla blog layout with 4 columns and everything was fine.

Now I switched to K2 and I want to throw my pc out the window. I don't know why it is so confusing. There is nothing clear about it. WHY K2? WHY? I need a simple multicolumn display of my items. Showing the intro test, hide the rest. Why is it so hard to buld the component that way? Why do I have to fix the code in .css files (google search) to do this and what do multicolumn fields do in categories options and link type of Latest items options mean.

please, oh please! Please I just want a simple 4 column display. NO category on the top. Why K2? why?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #128147 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Multicolumn deny to work
You need to check the category options. Just keep in mind that the category options are applied only when you are viewing a single category page. If you have created a menu link to multiple categories then the options that are used are those found at the menu link settings. If you don't want the category on the top you can simply hide it's elements under the "Category view options". If the options provided there don't fit your needs you can always create a template override and modify the output as you wish. Information regarding K2 templates can be found at getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.