Keyword

Error when saving a page to my K2 Content Wall

• Stephen Brust
  • Stephen Brust's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #128176 by Stephen Brust
Error when saving a page to my K2 Content Wall was created by Stephen Brust
I keep getting this error message while I am trying to save an article to my K2 content Wall.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/stat2014/public_html/administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php on line 5004

Can someone please help me? I have never used K2 prior and I am lost.

Here is my info

PHP Built On Linux calibra.websitewelcome.com 3.2.49 #2 SMP Mon Aug 5 14:12:45 CDT 2013 x86_64
Database Version 5.5.33-31.1
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.3.28
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.3.0 Stable [ Ember ] 30-April-2014 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/35.0.1916.99 Safari/537.36

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #128177 by Lefteris
Hi. K2 content wall is not part of K2. If however you are using K2 to save the item then it looks like your server needs more time than 30 seconds to save the item. This is not normal. Ensure that you are not trying to upload a huge image file.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Stephen Brust
  • Stephen Brust's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #128178 by Stephen Brust
Replied by Stephen Brust on topic Re: Error when saving a page to my K2 Content Wall
The file size is 125kb so that is not the issue. I also noticed that when I choose to use an image that is already on the server, the page times out also. This does not seems normal.

More
10 years 4 months ago #128179 by Lefteris
Yes, but you didn't answer if you are using the standard K2 item form for uploading images. Regarding K2 you can try the following:

1. Disable some third-party K2 plugins and try to upload the image again. Maybe a plugin adds overhead to the whole process.

2. Update K2 to it's latest stable version.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)