Keyword

Change Site Description (Don't want "Ut Lorem...")

• keichi
  • keichi's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #128208 by keichi
Hi folks.

I have a little issue, I want to change the site description. My homepage is a k2 categories menu. I change already Title site in Menus > Main menu > Homepage > Page Display options. Now I want change the description, but I don't find where I need to change it! When I share the url of my site in Facebook, it show the description: "Ut Lorem risus vel amet mattis pharetra facilisis orci et pretium. Purus aliquet nibh morbi velit justo senectus ante Phasellus cursus ante.". I tried search that text, but I don't found nothing.
Can you help me, please?
See the attachment file for more details.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mohamed Abdelaziz
  • Platinum Member
  • Joomla Developer
More
10 years 4 months ago #128209 by Mohamed Abdelaziz
Replied by Mohamed Abdelaziz on topic Re: Change Site Description (Don't want "Ut Lorem...")
Hi,

In the menu item edit form, and below the Page Display Options, you can find Metadata Options, where you can change the description and keywords.

Multiple Extra Fields Groups for K2
AutoMeta for K2
Chained Fields for K2
More K2 Extensions In My Extensions Store

• keichi
More
10 years 4 months ago #128210 by keichi

Mohamed Abdelaziz wrote: Hi,

In the menu item edit form, and below the Page Display Options, you can find Metadata Options, where you can change the description and keywords.

Hi, Mohamed, thanks for your answer. I just put a text in the Metadata Options (below Page Display Options) and it isn't effective. It shows me ""Ut Lorem..." text as description when I share my site in FB :/

More
10 years 4 months ago #128211 by Lefteris
@keichi

Hi. If the homepage is a link to a single K2 category then try to use the category meta description field in K2 category form.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• keichi
More
10 years 4 months ago #128212 by keichi

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: @keichi

Hi. If the homepage is a link to a single K2 category then try to use the category meta description field in K2 category form.

What can I do if the link is not to a single K2 category? I mean, the link is to multiple selected categories :(

More
10 years 4 months ago #128213 by Lefteris
Set it on the menu. Just tested and works fine for me (J3.3/K2 2.6.8) .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• keichi
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #128214 by keichi

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: Set it on the menu. Just tested and works fine for me (J3.3/K2 2.6.8) .

Hi, Lefteris, I think i've found the problem: I just change the Browser Page Title and it not works, I mean, when I share (on Facebook) the link to my site, it still showing last title. How can I do to show the changes in the title Browser page and Meta description?

More
10 years 4 months ago #128215 by Lefteris
I changed the title also in the menu settings and it worked again for me. Regarding Facebook Google for it . Facebook is caching the shared pages. But as you can understand this is out of the scope of this forum.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---