Keyword

K2 Item not displaying

• Murray Deerbon
  • Murray Deerbon's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #128359 by Murray Deerbon
K2 Item not displaying was created by Murray Deerbon
I have a problem getting a K2 item to display. I have a number of "items" (documents) that I have linked to a menu, but when I select the menu item to display the document I get a 404 error.

It makes no difference if I create the menu to display by K2 | Category or K2 | Item. In either case a 404 error is created. The items were created in K2, and not copied from a Joomla Article.

Please, what am I missing here?

Browser FF 29.0.1
PHP Ver 5.4.19.
K2 Ver 2.6.8
Joomla! 3.3.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #128360 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: K2 Item not displaying
Hi. Check the published state and the access level for the menu item, the category and the item.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Murray Deerbon
More
10 years 4 months ago #128361 by Murray Deerbon
Replied by Murray Deerbon on topic Re: K2 Item not displaying
Thanks Lefteris, I did that. The published state is (green check mark) and Access level is Public. All the documents are at the same level and published, as seen in the K2 | Items page. There are only two categories, and I am having the same problem with both of them except for the document that forms the front page, or default page .
I am beginning to think it is related to the upgrade to J3.3.0. Tomorrow (I'm going to bed now, it's getting late in Melbourne), I'll attempt to do the same thing with a J3.2.3 site I have, and see if the same problem arises.

PS. How do I remove the "Latest from " that is at the bottom of the page. The documents that are listed here (which are the ones that won't display from the menu's) won't display from this link either.

More
10 years 4 months ago #128362 by Lefteris
I don't think this has to do with the update. Regarding the "Latest from" items you can set them to not be displayed in the category settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Murray Deerbon
More
10 years 4 months ago #128363 by Murray Deerbon
Replied by Murray Deerbon on topic Re: K2 Item not displaying
Okay, I found the problem. I had Search engine Friendly URLs set to Yes. When set to No, it all works fine. Now I know I have to do something with the htaccess.txt file, so that is next! Phew!

And as for the Related Items I found them in;

Category Settings | Item View Options Related Items (right at the bottom of the list) | Author Options | latest Items from author.
Couldn't see it last night! <sigh>
Thanks again Lefteris

More
10 years 4 months ago #128364 by Lefteris
You are welcome. Regarding the .htaccess file you can always create it again by renaming the htaccess.txt file that Joomla provides.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---