Keyword

K2 Not working on my site anymore - Please help!

• Ryan Nielsen
  • Ryan Nielsen's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #128510 by Ryan Nielsen
HELP! I installed the K2 Free extension on my website, pastor2youth.com on the tab titled "games" - and it has been FANTASTIC!!! All of a sudden, I noticed today that it is no longer working on the live site. If I log in to my joomla manager, I can access K2 and see that everything is there, but it won't show "live" and I have NO idea how to fix this... but I really need it fixed for my business on my site.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone had some ideas, help, or even would be willing to help me fix this issue. PLEASE!!!!

Thank you,
Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #128511 by Lefteris
Hi. You need to clarify what games tab is. It might be part of a different extension. Is there a link to your page with the issue?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Ryan Nielsen
More
10 years 4 months ago #128512 by Ryan Nielsen
Replied by Ryan Nielsen on topic Re: K2 Not working on my site anymore - Please help!
Sorry. The games tab is just a tab on my website.

But here is the URL for my K2 and you will see the problem I am talking about.
www.pastor2youth.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=1&Itemid=102&lang=en

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Ryan

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #128513 by Wire Creative
Replied by Wire Creative on topic Re: K2 Not working on my site anymore - Please help!
It seems like either you have menu items and other links linked to materials that are no longer there or maybe unpublished. It's tough to tell without seeing how things are set up.

Go into the Menu that is generating the tabs at the top of your page, and look at the Games menu item. Is that set to show items from a K2 category? Try re-selecting the correct category and save it, refresh your home page, and then try to click it again.

The links in your "Latest Games" module are also not working. You must have moved something around and not updated your menu/modules after changing it in the backend?

• Ryan Nielsen
More
10 years 4 months ago #128514 by Ryan Nielsen
Replied by Ryan Nielsen on topic Re: K2 Not working on my site anymore - Please help!
I moved my website to a new server (now on cloudaccess.net).

When it was first moved, it was working just fine, but now it isn't. I am not sure why.

I did check that it is still set to read from the Categories from K2 in the menu area, and it is. I re-did that anyway, but it is still not working.

Is there anyone who would be willing to help me figure this out with some tech support help? This is now beyond my knowledge base.

Thank you,
Ryan

More
10 years 4 months ago #128515 by Lefteris
@Ryan Nielsen

This page is linked to the category with id = 1. Both this category and it's subcategory seem to be empty and have no items. Ensure that there are items inside these categories and that are published. I also saw that you are using a very old version of K2 ( 2.5.4 ) . We cannot provide support on this version. This version was released three years ago so many things have changed and many issues have been fixed. The normal process should be to update K2. However as i can see the developer who built the site has modified some core K2 files so updating may cause you to lose some changes in the templates. So, if you ever decide to update K2 remember to backup your site first.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)