Keyword

Both Image & Text of Item Title Show in Link List

• Timothy Michel
  • Timothy Michel's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #128592 by Timothy Michel
Both the generated images of the item title and the text link of the item title appear side by side in Category Item List view even though images are turned of for Links in "Category Item Layout" for the relevant category.

Have been stumped by this for a couple of days and was hoping that someone else could spot the error I am obviously making.

Please see: www.jsandbox.org/evidence/videos.html and scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the link list I am talking about.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #128593 by Lefteris
Hi. I don't see any images in the links list.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Timothy Michel
More
10 years 4 months ago #128594 by Timothy Michel
Replied by Timothy Michel on topic Re: Both Image & Text of Item Title Show in Link List
I wrote a detailed explanation of what I think was going on, but this crap cheep keyboard I am using, while waiting for my Unicomp BS keyboard to arrive, did something while I was typing and suddenly I am out of the editor and back on the list of comments.

Suffice it to say that what I think was going on is that K2 was generating default images from the text of the category titles and then caching them and displaying them in front of the actual title, where I set images to display, like any other image.

When I went to set the link not to display any image in the Category params, my selection was ignored because k2 was still pulling images from the item cache; at least this is what I think was going on.

I think all I needed to do was delete all the images from SITE_ROOT/media/k2/items/cache, clear browsing data, refresh the page and those auto generated images would have gong away.

Now I need to deal with having K2 only display specific levels of sub-categories and I will be set.

• Timothy Michel
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #128595 by Timothy Michel
Replied by Timothy Michel on topic [Solved]: Both Image & Text of Item Title Show
I figured out what was happening. In the absence of an image in the K2 Item image manager, the caption is substituted for the image, or if I enable captions, they are inserted before the title. Since I removed the images, but didn't remove the captions as well, I got the captions, which most of the time were the same as the article/item title which gave me the double entry. All I have to do is make sure that I clear those fields when removing image information.

More
10 years 4 months ago #128596 by Lefteris
If the image is not present the caption is not displayed at all. Don't remove the files directly, use the checkbox inside item form to delete an image.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Timothy Michel
More
10 years 4 months ago #128597 by Timothy Michel
Replied by Timothy Michel on topic Re: [Solved]: Both Image & Text of Item Title Show
OK, now I am not sure what was going on, because I was getting the captions displaying as images in front of the title when I turned images off.

Also I am aware now that deleting all the files in the cache is not a good idea as I had to go back and upload all of them again, one by one.

There is a command line tool available to manage the Item image cache, but I can't run scripts on my GoDaddy shared hosting account, so I will just do this on an item by item basis checking the box below the image every time I want to remove an item's image.

More
10 years 4 months ago #128598 by Lefteris
The folder media/k2/items should not be removed or modified. K2 will delete the unnecessary files when you delete an item.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---