Keyword

Can I Restrict K2 Categories to 1 Submenu Level

• Timothy Michel
  • Timothy Michel's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #128635 by Timothy Michel
Can I Restrict K2 Categories to 1 Submenu Level was created by Timothy Michel
I want only the first Sub-menu level to display on a page generated by K2 Categories Menu Item. I don't see anywhere where in "Options" I can set the number of levels for K2 to display. I thought I could restrict that in Categories params, but I don't see anywhere I can limit the number of levels to display there either.

What am I missing?? Or do I have to add option to "Options" in the K2 Categories Menu item and all the "View" php files?

Here is a link to the page in question: www.jsandbox.org/evidence.html

I only want the 4 major sub-categories to display with their title and link and image. The rest of the second and third level sub categories after the "Documents" subheading I don't want to show. Those will be displayed when clicking on one of the major subcategories, "Videos," "Multimedia," "Audio," or "Documents," on their respective pages.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #128636 by Lefteris
Hi. I don't see anything after the "Documents" category.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Timothy Michel
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #128637 by Timothy Michel
Replied by Timothy Michel on topic Re: Can I Restrict K2 Categories to 1 Submenu Level
Yes I fixed this. I simply set Featured, Primary, Secondary and Links in the Layout Grid params to zero and everything went away. I had created content for the sub-categories but not the main category. I want the content for the categories associated with the sub-menus to display when clicking on the sub-menu items, as I have it now. I just wish I could set that in K2 Categories menu item params.

I would still like to know if K2 3 will allow me to determine the levels of sub-categories that would be displayed, as in "Fetch items from children categories" currently I can only answer "Yes" or "No"

I have to say yes to get the sub-menus, but to keep content from the categories associated with those sub-menus from displaying I have to set all the "Layout Grid" counts to zero in the Category params.

More
10 years 4 months ago #128638 by Lefteris
The "Fetch items from children categories" option is the same as the "Catalog mode" option found in K2 category settings. The only difference is that the menu link settings are only applied when you select more than one K2 category. If you select only one category then the settings that are in effect are those found in the category edit page.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Timothy Michel
More
10 years 4 months ago #128639 by Timothy Michel
Replied by Timothy Michel on topic Re: Can I Restrict K2 Categories to 1 Submenu Level
Thank you so much, I will buy you a beer if I ever see you. If you don't drink beer, I will buy you your favorite drink.

More
10 years 4 months ago #128640 by Lefteris
You are welcome.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---