Keyword

Missing component menu item/replaced control panel

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #128641 by Bernd
Hi folks,
I am doing my first steps with K2 (Joomla 3.3.0, K2 2.6.8 ) and so far I am quite impressed by it's features. However things are quite different ....

So here are two quite basic questions:
  1. The original Joomla control panel was completely replaced by the K2 control panel (QUICK ICONS). Is there a way, to original Joomla quick Icons?
  2. After installation I do not find the K2 component under the Joomla component menu (I think in previous installation I have seen this). So is there a way to include the K2 component into the Joomla component menu?

Please excuse, is the questions are too basic, however I could not find an answer so far.

B/rgds

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #128642 by Lefteris
Hi. K2 quick icons and Joomla! quickicons are modules. You can use the module manager and publish the modules you wish to. Regarding the menu, it should be there. Try to install K2 again.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #128643 by Bernd
Hello Lefteris,

first of all thank you for your response and suggestions. In respect to

1. OK, the Joomla Quick Icons is solved!

2. I installed K2 component again (over the existing K2 installation), and K2 continues not to show up in the component menu.
Following I did a brand new joomla 3.3.0 installation on a test account and installed installed K2 v2.6.8. Same behaviour. The K2 component menu does not show up. Maybe a bug?

Any bright ideas?

More
10 years 4 months ago #128644 by Lefteris
Then maybe the user account you are using does not have the permission to access K2. Try with a super user account.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 4 months ago #128645 by Bernd
I have made a virgin installation, installing both Joomla 3.3.0 and K2 v. 2.6.8 from scratch.
- Installation procedure worked well, no errors!
- I am logged in as Superuser.
- in case you want to see yourself, I can provide login credentials on this new environment.

Anyway, thanks for your attention

More
10 years 4 months ago #128646 by Bernd
Some more details:
I found an older installation, based on Joomla 3.2.3 and and K2 v. 2.6.8, where the K2 component menu does show up properly.

More
10 years 4 months ago #128647 by Lefteris
I cannot verify the issue. Just installed Joomla! 3.3 from scratch and K2 2.6.8. The menu link is there and works fine for me. Do you have any other extensions installed?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 4 months ago #128648 by Bernd
Hello Lefteris, and thanks for your attention. I think I could partly unravel the mystery.

What I have considered a virgin installation was NOT virgin. It was an Akeeba image of a joomla installation, which already had some components installed (Akeeba, Xmap, eXtplorer). Removing all these components and reinstalling K2, it properly appears.

I tried to to reproduce the reproduce this behaviour with a real virgin installation, however could not reproduce. Thus I'd suggest to close the issue. Thanks again to your partitions and attention.

B/rgds

More
10 years 4 months ago #128649 by Lefteris
You are welcome.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---