Keyword

K2 SEF Categories Problem

• lydianp18
  • lydianp18's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #128789 by lydianp18
K2 SEF Categories Problem was created by lydianp18
I have a site and when we turn on SEF (either Joomla's built in SEF OR using ACE SEF, same problem) we end up with the following issue:

On the main menu we have several Menu items that lead to K2 categories (using the K2 > Categories menu item), and One menu item that is the K2 Categories showing featured from multiple K2 Categories. If you click on The one showing the featured from Multiple K2 Categories first it displays fine, however if you click any product or view any other category first the SEF url gets re-written with that category.

You can see the problem at: demo.superlight.com.au
"What's New" is the one showing featured from multiple K2 categories. Click on Projects, Downloads - or any subcategory inside Products and the same thing happens. Even if you click on What's new when it's What's new and then a product there and go back to What's new you get the wrong url.

Any help would be appreciated.

thx

Joomla 3.3, K2.6.8, Ace-SEF 4.1.1 (incl. k2 plugin - latest version).
PHP 5.3.28 Apache 2.2.15

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #128790 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: K2 SEF Categories Problem
Hi. First of all you will have to disable ACE SEF. If you need it the you should ask for help it's developers since they know better how it is working. Now, regarding K2, each link in Joomla! is resolved to a menu link. So it is a good practice in K2 to create menu links for all your categories. Those links may not appear in your site, you can create a new menu and place them there. This will help K2 to have nice URLs. Finally since the menu link is changed, this might also be a cache issue. Are you using the core Joomla! menu module to display the menu?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• lydianp18
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #128791 by lydianp18
Replied by lydianp18 on topic Re: K2 SEF Categories Problem
Apparently you missed that part in my original post that clearly states hat this happens with OR WITHOUT ACE SEF!!!!! (and if ACE SEF is on, the K2 plugin for ACE is enabled). The base Joomla SEF causes the same issue (K2's advanced SEF setting on or off has no effect either).

Yes, there are already menu items created for every single category!

The menu module displaying the menu is RokNavMenu (which is standard for any Gantry Based theme, which this is), and all hidden menus are also created with RokNavMenu.

Cache is OFF.

• lydianp18
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #128792 by lydianp18
Replied by lydianp18 on topic [SOLVED] Re: K2 SEF Categories Problem
Ok - on a 2nd server I did a copy of the site and didn't just disable ACE in the Extensions manager but completely uninstalled it. That did solve the problem - it was ACE. However I did find the fix for ACE - in the Config of ACE you just need to turn off "Find Item ID Smartly" and that fixes the problem.

Still not sure why when ACE was completely disabled, and cache had been completely wiped, it was effecting Joomla's normal SEF rewriting... it shouldn't.

More
10 years 4 months ago #128793 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: [SOLVED] Re: K2 SEF Categories Problem
I am glad you solved this. Let me know if you face any issues further.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)