Keyword

K2 has saturated my DB server

• Jany Enseñat
  • Jany Enseñat's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #129014 by Jany Enseñat
K2 has saturated my DB server was created by Jany Enseñat
Well.. Yesterday everything was working fine, and suddenly the backend and front end of my site started to work very very slow, ovbius i called to my hosting and they told me that my website had saturated the base date server and they sent me a print screen and here i let you... They tell me that i have to resolve this problem as soon as i can... please i need help or al least a clue where can i start to fix the problem... Greeting!!!

PS: I´m trying to upload an image with the database log but i´ve could do it, i don´t know why. when i upload the picture and I push the submit button this page redirecting me to a blank page.... very weird!!!

Amante de la vida y apasionada por la informática.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #129015 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: K2 has saturated my DB server
Hi. Can you provide more details? Is it K2 comments? Or items? Do you have comments enabled with no antispam protection? Do you have front-end editing enabled for new registered users. Here are some things you need to check:

1. If your site does not require registration, disable it in Joomla user manager settings. The fact that you are not displaying a registration form does not prevent users to register if the registration is enabled in your site.

2. Check for spammers registered in your site. Go to Joomla user manager and look out for users that are listed there. Delete spammers accounts.

3. Check for K2 front-end editing settings. If your site does not require front-end editing disable it. If you have this enabled and users registration is enabled it is possible that these users can create items. This has to do with the permissions of default K2 user group that new users are assigned to.

4. Delete any existing spam items. Go to K2 items in administration and delete any suspicious entries there.

5. Check K2 comments settings. If your site does not require comments functionality make sure that you disable them in K2 parameters. Once again even if no form is displayed in your site, comments can still be submitted if they are enabled. If your site does require comments then make sure that you have enabled one of the antispam solutions K2 provides for comments. You will also find them in the K2 parameters.

6. Delete any existing spam comments. Go to K2 comments in administration and delete any suspicious comments there.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.