Keyword

How to Reorder Items in Category View

• Timothy Michel
  • Timothy Michel's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #129073 by Timothy Michel
How to Reorder Items in Category View was created by Timothy Michel
I am trying to reorder the display of categories on a page when using the K2 Categories Menu item. The component appears to be displaying the categories image and description in the order of their item id's.

Is there a way to reorder the display of these categories without having to make copies of each and then deleting the originals so that the categories have sequential item id numbers according to the order I want the items to appear on the page?

See: Videos by Others

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #129074 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: How to Reorder Items in Category View
Hi. There is an option for that. It is named "Sub-category ordering" and you can find it in the K2 category edit page.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Timothy Michel
  • Timothy Michel's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #129075 by Timothy Michel
Replied by Timothy Michel on topic Re: How to Reorder Items in Category View
Thanks, it would appear that I have to get some more sleep. I set all my sub-categories to inherit the settings of the parent category and then I went in and changed the ordering in one of the subcategories that has additional subcategories that inherits its setting from its parent expecting the ordering to change from that set in the parent category. I actually went and made copies of all the sub categories changed the category assigned to each item to instead point to the copy of the category, delete all the original categories and then rename them back to the originals.

This brings up a point though. It might be nice to have all the settings in the category edit page set to inherit by default and when a particular property is explicitly set, then that property and only that property overrides the inherited value.

More
10 years 3 months ago #129076 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: How to Reorder Items in Category View
You are right the settings section needs some work. It would be nice to see the actual value of each option.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)