Keyword

introtext - how to disbale the text cleanup ?

• YAAKOV BARNEA SHMALTZ
  • YAAKOV BARNEA SHMALTZ's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #129139 by YAAKOV BARNEA SHMALTZ
introtext - how to disbale the text cleanup ? was created by YAAKOV BARNEA SHMALTZ
hi
I need the intro text to be formated as in the backend editor,
where can i disable the cleanup ?

thanks
Barnea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #129140 by Timothy Michel
Replied by Timothy Michel on topic Re: introtext - how to disbale the text cleanup ?
In "Item view options in category listings" for the category settings or content setting in Global Parameters, if you are setting everything the same for all categories, clear the "Intro word limit" setting. Now for each item/article you will have to judiciously place the Read-more link so that the amount of text doesn't overflow the category item container.

The reason this is necessary is because tags and styles vastly change the amount of space needed to display the intro text which would cause many sites to break if the tags and styles weren't first stripped. To create the artificial intelligence that would assess the amount of space required to display the text in given height and width of the container would be daunting to say the least. Could be done, but a new category item interface would have to be created asking the website owner what line-heights they used, what font-size, bold or normal, character spacing. etc,etc. so that the software could then include only the number of words that would actually fit in the container. Then you would have to factor in responsiveness which adds another dimension of complexity.

More
10 years 3 months ago #129141 by LandsGrieco
Replied by LandsGrieco on topic Re: introtext - how to disbale the text cleanup ?
nice :)

• YAAKOV BARNEA SHMALTZ
  • YAAKOV BARNEA SHMALTZ's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #129142 by YAAKOV BARNEA SHMALTZ
Replied by YAAKOV BARNEA SHMALTZ on topic Re: introtext - how to disbale the text cleanup ?
hello,
thanks for your answer.
I would want to use introtext without read more need to be set,
the text i put in intro text editor window shoudl show as is,
how can i set this to happen ?

thanks
Barnea

More
10 years 3 months ago #129143 by Lefteris
@barnea

Hi. Just don't use the read more button in the editor.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 3 months ago #129144 by Timothy Michel
Replied by Timothy Michel on topic Re: introtext - how to disbale the text cleanup ?
That didn't work for me, if I omit the read-more link, then the intro text doesn't appear in the item view, only the category item view. Mind you I have modified category_item.php, but item.php I left alone, so this should not affect the way an item is displayed in Item View.

More
10 years 3 months ago #129145 by Lefteris
@Timothy Michel

The read more button splits the text into introtext and fulltext. Then you need to check the category settings to select what you want to be displayed in the item page.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)