Keyword

Customizing Rate Article plugin

• Antonio
  • Antonio's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #129307 by Antonio
Customizing Rate Article plugin was created by Antonio
Hi all,

I've a problem with Joomla K2 Rate Article plugin because, when enabling it, the Facebook comment text box is shown having a width exceeding the limits of the page.

Using Chrome inspector I'm able to force on the fly a different width (div element having class='fbFeedbackContent') but I can't set the same value statically via CSS file.

The FB comment form is loaded by a javascript located in connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1 from www.facebook.com/plugins/comments.php?api_key=... using a IFRAME.
The embedded html comes in with its own CSS files and ignore the CSS files of the outer html.

I've seen many "width: 960px" in the inner FB html, where do they come from?
Maybe there is some K2 configuration parameter to set this width?

Another question, is it possible to enable only the Rate part (the one with the 5 stars) and not the FB comment part?

Thanks a lot for help.
Antonio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Antonio
  • Antonio's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #129308 by Antonio
Replied by Antonio on topic Re: Customizing Rate Article plugin
Found file html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php under template root where I can find the html responsible of FB comment form.

The width value and the other parts of url seem to be completely hardcoded.

It seems there's no way to configure but patching K2 code.

Anyway I wonder how this can be compliant with responsive web design.

More
10 years 3 months ago #129309 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Customizing Rate Article plugin
Hi. First you need to clarify which thing you are talking about. If you are talking about Facebook like button that K2 provides, then you need to know that styles and markup are coming directly from Facebook. K2 implements this the way Facebook suggests. You can for example change the width by changing the data-width attribute. You can change any part of K2 markup by creating a K2 template. Read getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates to learn more about this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)