Keyword

Limit User to create one Item (Article) Bio

• Jim Van Zile
  • Jim Van Zile's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #129323 by Jim Van Zile
Limit User to create one Item (Article) Bio was created by Jim Van Zile
I've hunted around the Forum and web, maybe just didn't get the combination of search words right, to get back the answer I'm looking for...

My site focuses on Musicians, I'd like each Musician that signs up for an Account to be able to create their own Bio page. That's the only page I want them to be able to create and edit on their own. What would be the best way to do this? Is it possible?

I'm using K2, so whatever the solution (Extension or not), must be compatible with K2.

I'm an intermediate Joomla / K2 user, and I have access to an experienced Joomla / K2 Developer if necessary. Thanks so much!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Franz Wohlkönig
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 months ago #129324 by Franz Wohlkönig
Replied by Franz Wohlkönig on topic Re: Limit User to create one Item (Article) Bio
Hi,

make a Categorie and a Usergroup for each Musician. Set Usergroup to allow only one Categorie an append the user to this Group.

Regards

More
10 years 3 months ago #129325 by Lefteris
@Jim Van Zile

You can also use the user profiles instead of items. A user can edit his profile and add an image, a description etc.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Jim Van Zile
  • Jim Van Zile's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #129326 by Jim Van Zile
Replied by Jim Van Zile on topic Re: Limit User to create one Item (Article) Bio
I'll give these solutions a try and see if it's what I'm looking for. If it works out I'll report back. Thanks so much for the replies!