Keyword

Need help with page layout

• Victor
  • Victor's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #129341 by Victor
Need help with page layout was created by Victor
Hi there,
I need a certain layout of the page, but can't find how do I set it up in K2 - so many settings are there. So need some help as to how do I set it up.
Here's the task: We translate materials from different teachers, for each of them we have separate category in K2.
So, what we need is article and under article we need desription about the teacher (wriiten in category description) the pre-text and Read more button if they want to read on about the teacher.
The help you visualize it:

Intro text for Article
Read more (for article)

Intro text for Article
Read more (for article)

Intro text for Article
Read more (for article)

Intro text for Category description
Read more (for category description)

And then, for article itelf:

Full article
Intro text for Category description
Read more (for category description)

How do I set up the category layout to make this happen?
Thanks in advance.

Used to use latest versions of your products, now realized those were bugs, so steadily lowering the dose of this drug and coming out cleaner and cleaner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #129342 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Need help with page layout
Hi. I suggest that you take a look to K2 demo site at demo.getk2.org/ . There you can see what K2 can do. This will make clear some things to you. For example categories do not have a read more button. Categories only have a description field. The rest things can be done by creating a K2 template and just changing the position of code inside the layouts. You can learn more regarding K2 templating at getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.