Keyword

I want to split Gantry MainBody in 2 columns

• Paul Mitchell
  • Paul Mitchell's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #129349 by Paul Mitchell
I want to split Gantry MainBody in 2 columns was created by Paul Mitchell
Hello,

I am trying to find out how I can split the MainBody area of the Gantry Anacron template into two columns so both can be filled with text -- whether it flows from one to the other or has to be done with manual placement. I have searched for the answers and have read about configuring 'Category Blog' in the menu type setting, but can't seem to find this anywhere. I am using Joomla 3 and most upto date version of Gantry and pretty sure the most up to date version of K2. I am also developing this site on a Localhost MAMP so cannot provide urls for it.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #129350 by Lefteris
Hi. Since this is a template related question i suggest that you ask your template provider for help. They should know better how to help you.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Paul Mitchell
More
10 years 3 months ago #129351 by Paul Mitchell
Replied by Paul Mitchell on topic Re: I want to split Gantry MainBody in 2 columns
I've already tried to ask them this question but they have tossed the ball in your court saying K2 is a third party tool which they will not support. I tried to search for answers before contacting any of the forums and the closest I came to an answer was related to "configuring 'Category Blog' in the menu type setting" but I have searched K2's interface top to bottom and cannot find such a setting to adjust. What can you tell me about this?

More
10 years 3 months ago #129352 by Lefteris
Of course. First of all you need to identify correctly what type of content you have there ( a menu link to K2 or a K2 module ). I assume that you are using a menu link to K2 categories as you said. In that case you can see all the available parameters in the category edit page. There you can select which elements you want to hide/show. Note that in case your menu link to K2 categories is pointing to more than one category then the same settings can be found at the menu link parameters.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Paul Mitchell
More
10 years 3 months ago #129353 by Paul Mitchell
Replied by Paul Mitchell on topic Re: I want to split Gantry MainBody in 2 columns
Okay, I'll take a look at that. Another question I have now is, where can I find a comprehensive guide on using K2 and especially using it with Joomla? I already know about the material on the getk2.org website. Are there any other documents that would be useful and informative?

Thanks!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 months ago #129354 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: I want to split Gantry MainBody in 2 columns
These videos will help you.

getk2.org/documentation/k2class2012

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---