Keyword

Allowing only specified users to edit an article?

• Nikola
  • Nikola's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #129592 by Nikola
Hi everybody,

I've already made sure that K2 does wonders, however I've been struggling with this one for quite some time.

I work at a faculty and my goal is to create a single K2 item for each exam and then give editing rights to a professor and his assistant. I know a certain way to achieve this is to create a K2 group for each exam, then assign a professor-assistant pair to the group and then give editing rights to this group. However as there professor-assistant pairs are sometimes changed, and we have around 700 exams total in 12 study programs, I am looking at a potential nightmare here :)

Are there any creative solutions (or plugins maybe) which would not require any core K2 modifications? By far the best solution would be to control user rights from within the item, when logged-in as admin. Perhaps I am asking for too much? :)

Thanks for any smart thoughts in advance :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 months ago #129593 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Allowing only specified users to edit an article?
By default access for editing is only granted to user groups and applies to categories.
Having in mind that you have 700 separate items and twice the users that is an overkill.

I think you should look at the jed or getk2.org/extend for an extension that offers that functionality.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.