Keyword

k2 blog calendar external data

More
10 years 3 months ago #129703 by julie
k2 blog calendar external data was created by julie
I have a booking page where users can book some event which have multiple days (for example movie can be shown on 3 days). Now I modified creation date in K2 and saved there the first upcoming day for that movie when it will be shown. Than I am reading from K2 category Movies creation date days for the K2 blog calendar. The problem is that 1 movie is just one article and therefore I save only 1st upcoming day, when 2 rest are missing. I need the rest of 2 to be also shown in K2 blog calendar. So I thought to make a new table in the database just with the days and read it with K2 blog calendar, is it possible to read the data from another table (not K2) and fetch it in calendar? Or any other suggestion would be appreciated :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 months ago #129704 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: k2 blog calendar external data
Hello Julie, I think you should look for an extension that offers this functionality.
You can look at the JED or at the extend K2 section of this site.

FYI. This extension is pretty popular: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/k2-extensions/22377

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 3 months ago #129705 by julie
Replied by julie on topic Re: k2 blog calendar external data
Thank you a lot. I have already found another plugin in JED, this one:

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/calendars-a-events/events/events-calendars/11396

I have changed the javascript and ajax request, removed the things I dont need like pop-up, event listeners, etc. Now is working everything fine. Maybe a good thing in future would be to implement something like what I needed, a table with dates, M:N relation or at least 1:N with foreign key of an article and related dates to this article. But if someone needs something like this what I had earlier, to save the first upcoming event in creation date and show it in K2 blog calendar that is a fine solution, and of course run the cron-job script every day to update the field with upcoming events.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 months ago #129706 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: k2 blog calendar external data
Thank you for your feedback.
This sounds like an interesting module indeed. We will consider it.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)