Keyword

Urgent! Cant Login front or Back after k2 setup

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #129737 by JM
Hi all

I would really appreciate some help here.
I decided to setup K2 (last version DL from your website) on my joomla 3.3.1 website, its running PHP5.5, and it never had a probl but after i setup K2 the K2 component was showing up weirdly. All K2 component titles in backend were showing non translated links as (COM_K2_*) and when i clicked on one it just brought up a white page so i decided to empty joomla cache and my firefox one to see if it was a cache problem but as no more cookies were present i was logged out of joomla backend and since then impossible to log back in frontend or backend.

On backend it just refreshes login page without doing nothing more when i try to login and on frontend it does the same

So i tried to change admin password in mysql but in didn't change anything, i then realized "plg_authentication_joomla" and "plg_user_joomla" were disabled in mysql==> XXX_Extensions so i enabled them and.. it still didnt change a thing and last i disabled all K2 modules,components and plugins from mysql ==> XXX_Extensions but it didnt change anything either so here i am blocked with a website inaccessible that was going online tomorrow normally

I really hope u have a solution here cause if i have to do a fresh install i ll lose 1 month work :(

Any help is welcome even if i have to manually uninstall k2 from ftp and mysql as long as i gain back access to the website

Thanks All

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 months ago #129738 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Urgent! Cant Login front or Back after k2 setup
I am not sure K2 caused the issue.
The current DEV version (2.7.0) solves some issues with PHP 5.5 but that is not the issue over here.

K2 would not mess with backend admin access. You can always try the following:
a) Restore a recent backup
b) Manually update/upgrade Joomla! so any affected will be overriden
c) Rename K2's folders so the component will not be used (adminstrator/components/com_k2, components/com_k2). I don't think it will help you though.

Finally, you can perform a db migration to a fresh site with the same extensions.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 3 months ago #129739 by JM
Hi thanks for the answer ;)

i have got back into backend and frontend again but i dont really understand why it came back
i manually uninstalled all k2 elements in db and ftp and the site came back magically :dry:

K2 would not mess with backend admin access.

i agree while uninstalling K2 i didnt take anyway anything that important to the website so this is really a weird bug

Anyways i ll try to get K2 back on the website and see how it reacts

i ll keep u informed of how it goes

Thanks

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 months ago #129740 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Urgent! Cant Login front or Back after k2 setup
I really do not know what cause an issue like this.
Alhtough a misconfiguration in your hosting setup might be behind this.
(PHP version, disabled or missing functions, wrong permissions/ folder owners )

You can always backup before trying to install the extension.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 3 months ago #129741 by JM
Well i put back K2 and it worked perfectly this time i suppose it was a setup bug then :blink:

Thanks for the Help ;)

SOLVED

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 months ago #129742 by Krikor Boghossian
You 're welcome.
I 'm glad it worked.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---