Keyword

Item order for multiple K2 Content modules

• Daniel Salazar
  • Daniel Salazar's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #129803 by Daniel Salazar
Item order for multiple K2 Content modules was created by Daniel Salazar
Hi,
I have several categories and subcategoies for my news site.
My goal is to stablkish a flow of contents, first K2 Item will switch automatically into some k2 content modules, until it arrives to the very bottom of the page and then goes to the archive.

Resuming:
I need to be able to set which range of lastest items will load into a specific k2 content module. Do you know if there's any plugin that helps to do this?

In my mind sounds very simply to do!
I need for example a box that contains the number 1, latest item baseball on category. The other other, at the middle will show the number 2, 3 and 4th lastest, an the bottom another k2 content module with item order positions 5th and 6th.

I already tried to use another variables for this but is pointless since I want an automatic flow to work a single category and there's no way to assign a double category for an item.

I'm using News Show Pro as slider, and this modules does it! I have 3 sliders, each one displays content using a keyword as reference, and ordered by ranges: slider1: lastest content form 1-5, slider 2: for 6 to 10, slider 3 form 11 to 15.

Please help, or please guide to someone that can actually writer a component for me that does this.

I also need help with other issues. If you are a Senior Joomla Developer please contact me.

Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 months ago #129804 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Item order for multiple K2 Content modules
In my opinion you should utilise a custom solution.
K2 has JSON feeds. With that in mind I think you do not need 3 modules.
A developer can use these feeds and parse them in specific places inside your template.

This has several benefits, speed being a major one.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.