Keyword

SQL Injection Issue with K2

• Mike Herring Productions Inc
  • Mike Herring Productions Inc's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #129869 by Mike Herring Productions Inc
SQL Injection Issue with K2 was created by Mike Herring Productions Inc
I am finding a Blind SQL Injection issue with K2. This seems serious to me and my customer who ran the security scan will hold up production and wants me to make this a formal report.
I have a simple use case, consider the URL
/component/k2/itemlist/filter?moduleId=699&Itemid=905
This is a fairly typical URL to search for a list
Now add this code in the middle %20%2B%20(SELECT%200%20FROM%20(SELECT%20SLEEP(28))qsqli_1111)%20&
This forms the URL
/component/k2/itemlist/filter?moduleId=699 %2B (SELECT 0 FROM (SELECT SLEEP(29))qsqli_1111) &Itemid=905
This will also "work" but has a significant delay whilst it sleeps, lower the number in the sleep statement and it sleeps less. Seems to me a clear opening for an injection error.
I do not believe this is a result of the K2 Search and Filter module used to create the initial URL because even if those modules are unpublished the basic url's still work, that module simply looks them up and builds them from user selections. So to me this is a k2 issue and possible a joomla core issue if you guys use the same parts. In any event can someone look into this???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #129870 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: SQL Injection Issue with K2
Hi. This URL is not part of K2. You can try it in a site with just K2 ( no other K2 related modules ) to verify what i am saying. I suggest that you contact the developers of these extensions and let them know about the issue as soon as possible.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.