Keyword

Item page Image in lightbox style covers text.

• Dan Heise
  • Dan Heise's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #129956 by Dan Heise
I don't know how this could be happening but the item - (story page image) is appearing in a lightbox see the following page:

192.254.170.75/news/news/item/352-cureeveryone-org-reveals-the-true-solution-to-our-healthcare-system-cures

and I can't figure out how to change this configuration.

NOTE: If you choose from the menu - NEWS > CURE NEWS SPOTLIGHT you will see items in the K2 Categories layout and it looks fine - so does the pictures but when you click on the story from there like <Read More....> you see the layout has the picture in a lightbox but kind of weird. thanks for your help

Dan Heise
Web Design and High Speed Hosting
New Jersey, USA
HeiseDesign.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 months ago #129957 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Item page Image in lightbox style covers text.
You need to edit the item.php file. You should override K2's template so you won't lose any changes when you update.
Finally you need to remove the "modal class" from the itemImage <a> element.

This post will help you with overriding: getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Dan Heise
More
10 years 2 months ago #129958 by Dan Heise
I have been reading about these overrides and they sound like a great idea so this was my first official override and after following the instructions on the article you suggested I got the images to show up properly on the first try, by changing the "modal class" but this leads to an obvious question which I must ask.

Why didn't this work properly right out of the box per se - and why need this code tweaking. Who wants the image to cover their story text in the first place?

Please View the following :: 192.254.170.75/root-causes/item/329-chlamydia-pneumoniae
(This forum system will not allow me to post up the 92k image of the page)

Now there is no lightbox zoom feature... By removing "modal" I think we've removed the feature.

and ... Now that I've made the changes the picture is in the proper place but when you click on the image to see the zoomed in lightbox, the image actually comes up on a new page (like in the old days) where you loose your user's attention because now they have to CLICK <back> to get back to the page they were on.

This is also NO GOOD. We need to have the image in place above the story and then click the image to zoom or, if there is no choice - then just Don't have a link on image at all. It's got to be one way or the other to work. Can you make any suggestions to this end. Appreciate your detailed advice - thanks in advance.

Is it possible that K2 is not completely compatible with the JomSocial Template? and this is causing the problems?

Dan Heise
HeiseDeisgn.com
New Jeresy, USA

Dan Heise
New Jersey, USA
HeiseDesign.com

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #129959 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Item page Image in lightbox style covers text.
Hi Dan,

I notice your template is using bootstrap and from what I remember bootstrap also uses the .modal class, and this causes the problem, you could check with template developer they might be able to give a work around for this. As a last resort you could remove the the a tag altogether from item.php.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #129960 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Item page Image in lightbox style covers text.
Some templates do not support K2. They use an older Bootstrap version which breaks Joomla!'s default modal/lightbox.

You need to contact the template developer about this issue, or if you have the required knowledge update to a newer Bootstrap version which does not have conflicts with Joomla! 's native lightbox.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Dan Heise
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #129961 by Dan Heise
I guess that answers my questions but leads to additional trouble shooting. All towards a perfect Jooml! World. lol - The framework for the "Socialize" template, created for JomSocial's social network component uses an older version of bootstrap with plans to move away from Bootstrap in the future so you better talk to them about that. That's not too smart. After searching JomSocial's "Socialize Template" forum I finally found this workaround for the modal problem.

Maybe this work around code will help you to help others with this issue.

work-around as follows:

create a css file named "custom.css" at "templates/socialize/css/custom.css"

containing this code:

.itemImageBlock .itemImage a.modal{
border: none;
position: static;
-webkit-box-shadow: none;
-moz-box-shadow:none;
box-shadow:none;
margin: 0;
}

That did the trick!!!

Thank you both for your input and help.

Dan Heise
New Jersey, USA
HeiseDesign.com

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 months ago #129962 by Krikor Boghossian
You 're welcome Dan.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---