Keyword

On log-in K2 Menu and User Menu Issues

• Tessa Priddy
  • Tessa Priddy's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #130011 by Tessa Priddy
On log-in K2 Menu and User Menu Issues was created by Tessa Priddy
When I log-in to the frontend of my Joomla website, the K2 menu and User Menu module links do not go to their respective pages. For example when I click on "My page" in the K2 menu or "Your profile" in the User menu I will not go to my page or my profile instead I will get an error message from my Concrete5 website (a database error message). My Concrete5 website is www.Godlywriter.com, while my Joomla website is www.Godlywriter.com/study . The two have separate databases and I'm at a loss to why the only link that works in my Joomla menu's is the "Site Administrator" link. Does anybody know the solution? In my previous experience, which is limited, these links just worked after installation without an issue :huh: :blush:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #130012 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: On log-in K2 Menu and User Menu Issues
The K2 User module has an option to redirect to a certain menu upon login.
You should use that option to solve this issue.
This is most likely a Joomla! issue however, I think you should enter www.godlywriter.com/study * as your live site url. (in the configuratio.php file)

* Do not forget the http://

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Tessa Priddy
More
10 years 2 months ago #130013 by Tessa Priddy
Replied by Tessa Priddy on topic Re: On log-in K2 Menu and User Menu Issues
Thanks Krikor, my hosting company fixed the issue since they were the ones that installed Joomla for me and there were other issues with the installation. Apparently, it was a Joomla issue (as you thought) and it was due to the way they installed it. The thing is the menu items all work properly now, yet when I log-in to the frontend and use the user menu to enter an article it doesn't use K2 categories and items instead it saves them to Joomla articles. I don't think my hosting company will repair this issue, because the Joomla is working properly. Could you tell me how to get that to work properly?

• Tessa Priddy
More
10 years 2 months ago #130014 by Tessa Priddy
It took me awhile, but I discovered on my own how-to get the second issue that I mentioned fixed up by playing around in the backend of Joomla and K2. I went into the "User Menu" of Joomla and "unpublished" the "Submit an Article" link and the "Submit a Weblink" link. Then I went to the K2 User Groups and created a new group called "Super Users" and marked "yes" for all options. A link for "add a new item" then showed up on my K2 User (login module).

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 months ago #130015 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: On log-in K2 Menu and User Menu Issues

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Tessa Priddy
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #130016 by Tessa Priddy
Thank you, Krikor, I read that same article this morning. It has useful information. I did set permissions the other day when I created the "Super Users" group. I'm not sure if I'm going to allow others to add items or not, though I'm going to let them and guests to leave comments.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 months ago #130017 by Krikor Boghossian
You 're welcome Tessa.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---