Keyword

problem with publishing the articles

More
10 years 2 months ago #130164 by Mohit
My question is that after inserting the items in _k2_items table with published column as 1 , access column as 1, I am not able to look the article at the front end. But when I open the article and click save then it starts to show up at front end. Since I am working to making the articles automated i:e after inserting the articles into K2_items table they should appear on front end, but this is not happening now. Please let me know how can I do that. It has been few weeks but I am not able to solve this problem.

Also let me know what other information do you need from my side.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #130165 by Tessa Priddy
Replied by Tessa Priddy on topic Re: problem with publishing the articles
I'm new to K2 and I'm not sure exactly what the problem is so my answer may be very elementary to you. First off, when I update my K2 Joomla website it sometimes takes several minutes and refreshes before the item(s) or updated options appear. It may simply be that you have to do like I do and wait awhile before you see the changes. I think the problem is the hosting provider in this case, but I'm not sure. Also it's possible that you're publishing dates aren't right, so before you save your items look at the menu screens to the right under "Author Publishing Status." Ensure that your "Creation Date" and "Start Publishing" date are correct and then save. Have you tried logging into the frontend and searching for your article? It may be that it isn't appearing for the public, but will be available to you after you log-in as a Super User. If this is too elementary, then forgive me :) I just saw you haven't had any replies and wanted to try to help somehow. Have a great weekend.

More
10 years 2 months ago #130166 by Mohit
Replied by Mohit on topic Re: problem with publishing the articles
The publishing dates are correct. Also I tried logging in the website but the article does not appear there.

My question is "once there is one article in k2_items in database with published column set to 1, the article is not getting published. But when the article is opened at back-end and I click on save it gets published. "

So what is the functionality of save? And how can it be achieved through code without visiting the back-end.

More
10 years 2 months ago #130167 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: problem with publishing the articles
Hi Mohit,

If you can please provide me a URL and perhaps a temporary user account so I can check it out and see what the exact issue is and how to resolve it.

The issue you are having could be one of many things, Permissions, Publishing Settings, Category Listing and Item View Settings. If you made any changes to the template, it could be a code conflict.

It would be best to check it out first and then I can determine what the issue is. If you have Skype, feel free to add me, my Skype ID can be found in my signature.

Thanks!

Chris

Seamuno - Web & Social Media Design and Development
Join us on Facebook Today
Add me on Skype: Seamuno

More
10 years 2 months ago #130168 by Tessa Priddy
Replied by Tessa Priddy on topic Re: problem with publishing the articles
When you log-in to the frontend and "add a new item" on the K2 User menu, does this message appear in red at the top of the pop-up screen for adding the item, "K2_YOU_ARE_ALLOWED_TO Add items, Edit own items, Edit any item, PUBLISH ITEMS, Allow editing of already published items." If this message doesn't show at the top of your screen then you would need to change the settings on your backend to allow the "Users" of that certain "User Group" to "add items" and "PUBLISH ITEMS." Log-in to your frontend, click "add new item" in the K2 User menu, and read the message that's in red at the top of your screen. Does the pop-up screen say, "K2_you_are_allowed_to...PUBLISH ITEMS" at the top?

More
10 years 2 months ago #130169 by Mohit
Replied by Mohit on topic Re: problem with publishing the articles
I am not trying to add the article from front-end.

I just wrote a php script which inserts the data into k2_items table on executing the script. I want the article to be seen on the website after it is seen in the database. But this does not happen.

But when I open the article and click on save it appears on the website.

The problem is I do not want to open and save the article every time. It should automatically publish it once it is inserted into the database.IS IT POSSIBLE!!!!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 months ago #130170 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: problem with publishing the articles
What I would recommend is to check any differences between the saved item and the freshly imported one.

It is possible that a field can be missing. Eg the language field.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)