Keyword

[SOLVED] K2 Extra Fields - Save & Redirects to Dashboard

More
10 years 2 months ago #130275 by David
Hello,

I've got a Joomla 3.3.1 website with K2 2.6.8.

I've got six extra fields, and all but one of them can save without any problems. The one that has a problem saving has 1,400 options in its multi-select setup. When I click Save or Apply I get dumped to the Joomla Dashboard and the save process does not take.

I've already tested a number of scenarios including:

1.) The issue is not with a certain extra field value (such as a character) - it seems to fail if the k2_extra_fields database value is over 44KB in size which is right around 500 extra fields.
2.) I've already changed column value in k2_extra_fields from text to mediumtext and longtext

I'm running PHP 5.3.28, MySQL 5.5.37, 128MB Memory Limit.

Any ideas or pointers? Enabling error reporting at maximum does not product any errors, and there are no errors in error_log in the root of the Joomla installation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 months ago #130276 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 Extra Fields - Save & Redirects to Dashboard
Hello David,

The error_log will not catch any db errors.
My guess is that the db cell its reaching its limit. 1400 options in JSON format is too big.
I would suggest instead of editing the DB (it might result in unexpected results) to break down that extrafield to 2 or 3 parts.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 2 months ago #130277 by David
Hey Krikor,

Thanks for responding! I figured I'd toss out the error_log mention just to stave off replies asking to check that file. I ended up coming across the problem - it was the upload limit that was defaulting to 2MB. I raised it to 24MB and it saved without any problems. I figured I'd just back here and leave a mention in case anyone in the future encounters a similar problem. Thanks!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 months ago #130278 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 Extra Fields - Save & Redirects to Dashboard
Thank you for sharing David.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)