Keyword

update params of item based upon params of another

• dotted i
  • dotted i's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #130520 by dotted i
I am trying to synchronize the params of a category based upon the params of an item that is the model.

This does not work, is not valid mysql:
update p3h0i_k2_items set params = (select params from p3h0i_k2_items where id = 300) where id = 278;

Item ID 300 is the role model for params. I want to first test it by updating the params of a single item, then if it works, go for the category, something like:
update p3h0i_k2_items set params = (select params from p3h0i_k2_items where id = 300) where catid = 100;

What is the correct mysql syntax to make this work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 months ago #130521 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: update params of item based upon params of another
I do not think this is the optimal solution, quite the contrary actually.

Create a new category called eg: Setup Category, and then apply all the correct settings.
Now set all the categories you want to edit to inherit all their values from the setup category.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• dotted i
  • dotted i's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #130522 by dotted i
That will not work. The content administrators have been customizing the changes to individual items which overrides the category settings.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #130523 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: update params of item based upon params of another
The default params are:
{"catItemTitle":"","catItemTitleLinked":"","catItemFeaturedNotice":"","catItemAuthor":"","catItemDateCreated":"","catItemRating":"","catItemImage":"","catItemIntroText":"","catItemExtraFields":"","catItemHits":"","catItemCategory":"","catItemTags":"","catItemAttachments":"","catItemAttachmentsCounter":"","catItemVideo":"","catItemVideoWidth":"","catItemVideoHeight":"","catItemAudioWidth":"","catItemAudioHeight":"","catItemVideoAutoPlay":"","catItemImageGallery":"","catItemDateModified":"","catItemReadMore":"","catItemCommentsAnchor":"","catItemK2Plugins":"","itemDateCreated":"","itemTitle":"","itemFeaturedNotice":"","itemAuthor":"","itemFontResizer":"","itemPrintButton":"","itemEmailButton":"","itemSocialButton":"","itemVideoAnchor":"","itemImageGalleryAnchor":"","itemCommentsAnchor":"","itemRating":"","itemImage":"","itemImgSize":"","itemImageMainCaption":"","itemImageMainCredits":"","itemIntroText":"","itemFullText":"","itemExtraFields":"","itemDateModified":"","itemHits":"","itemCategory":"","itemTags":"","itemAttachments":"","itemAttachmentsCounter":"","itemVideo":"","itemVideoWidth":"","itemVideoHeight":"","itemAudioWidth":"","itemAudioHeight":"","itemVideoAutoPlay":"","itemVideoCaption":"","itemVideoCredits":"","itemImageGallery":"","itemNavigation":"","itemComments":"","itemTwitterButton":"","itemFacebookButton":"","itemGooglePlusOneButton":"","itemAuthorBlock":"","itemAuthorImage":"","itemAuthorDescription":"","itemAuthorURL":"","itemAuthorEmail":"","itemAuthorLatest":"","itemAuthorLatestLimit":"","itemRelated":"","itemRelatedLimit":"","itemRelatedTitle":"","itemRelatedCategory":"","itemRelatedImageSize":"","itemRelatedIntrotext":"","itemRelatedFulltext":"","itemRelatedAuthor":"","itemRelatedMedia":"","itemRelatedImageGallery":"","itemK2Plugins":""}

Try setting all the items params row to this.
Be sure to backup first.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)