Keyword

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_interna

• Rob Jones
  • Rob Jones's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #130639 by Rob Jones
Hi All,

I'm unsure why this is happening and it's not an error I've encountered before, neither could I find anything on Google regarding it.

I did have a VPS server issue where I had to pay cPanel to sort it out and they got my server back up and running and my sites including the one in question Here...

Everything else is back to normal, the main non article pages of the site are working, like my JomSocial elements but I noticed that any actual article pages were just blank.

Therefore I turned on error reporting and it reports the following;

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /home/swswsws/public_html/components/com_k2/helpers/route.php on line 93

I have checked and have the latest K2, I did overwrite with a new downloaded copy of 2.6.8 but it makes no difference.

I am running Joomla 3.3.1

I hope somebody can help me resolve this issue and look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Regards,

*UPDATE* I have finally located what "Could be" the issue in another thread that says "You will likely find that mb_string is not enabled on your server." Indeed after checking this is disabled on my VPS server, so I'm currently in the process of enabling it and hopefully the above error should disappear... shouldn't it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 months ago #130640 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_interna
You have not installed a required PHP module. The multibytes extension.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 1 month ago #130641 by Wendy Paine
thanks for your tip, I checked the box to enable mbstring on the php panel on cPanel and all is working for me.