Keyword

Login redirects to profile page

• pathfinder
  • pathfinder's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #130691 by pathfinder
Login redirects to profile page was created by pathfinder
Hello, I am upgrading my site from Joomla 2 to 3. On the current Joomla 2 site when a user signs in they are automatically redirected to "My Page" where they can see all their published items and create new items.

On the new Joomla 3 site when a user signs on they are automatically redirected to their "Profile" where they can see/edit their profile. I am using K2 2.6.8

Can you explain how to ensure that when a user logs in they are automatically redirected to "My Page" instead of "Profile"?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #130692 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Login redirects to profile page
Hi. Check the login module options. Both the core and the K2 login modules have an option for redirecting the user after login.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• pathfinder
  • pathfinder's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #130693 by pathfinder
Replied by pathfinder on topic Re: Login redirects to profile page
Yes, you can specify to redirect to an existing menu item that's true. However, how can you choose "My page" for the login redirect URL since it is not a menu item in the first place?

It seems the only way for a user to reach their "My page" is from the K2 User login module. Can a menu item be created to allow a logged-in user to select their "My page"?

The ideal solution would be for the users "My page" to be presented after logging in rather than their "profile" page.