Keyword

Comments Disappear after modifying image

• jk15060
  • jk15060's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #130835 by jk15060
I'm not sure if this is by design, but I have a client who posted a K2 item, complete with an image and text. Then, after 3 people commented on his image, he decided the image needed to be cleaned up a bit. So he modified the image on his local machine, and re-uploaded it. I believe what he told me was that he blew away the original and uploaded the better version, although I'm not sure if he used a different filename. Upon making that image change, the comments disappeared from the front end interface, but they're still in the backend.

Is this by design? If so, what's the best way to modify an image AFTER someone has commented on it?

Also, is there any way to re-publish those comments with the new image? I tried unpublishing/publishing them from the backend interface, but no luck.

Thank you in advance for any help that might be out there today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 months ago #130836 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Comments Disappear after modifying image
Hello Janis,

Which version of K2 and Joomla! are you using? This is not implemented by design.
Did he make any other alterations to the file? eg, save a copy etc?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• jk15060
More
10 years 2 months ago #130837 by jk15060
Replied by jk15060 on topic Re: Comments Disappear after modifying image
I used Migrate Me to retain all the K2 information from his Joomla 1.5 site and only had to tweak a few things in the latest version (2.6.8) which is what his new site uses now. The new site is Joomla 3.3.3.

In checking with my client, the only thing he modified was the image. However, he did say that he had to rename the image slightly and also said that in starting over, he copied/pasted the text into MS Word and then back again into K2.

I also see the "trashed" item (the old article) which shows as being published, so perhaps I found the issue now. I'm not quite sure the best way to proceed, but both the Current and Trashed article are showing as "published".

• jk15060
More
10 years 2 months ago #130838 by jk15060
Ok, enough time has passed to allow me to comment again. K2 v 2.6.8 and Joomla 3.3.3

Is there a way to combine comments for two separate K2 items, both of which have the same name, but different ID #s? I unpublished the older of the two items, and have only a single comment from today.

If I unpublish the newer item, and see the 3 comments made prior to the image modification.

Any way to combine all the comments into the one K2 item?

Thanks again for being willing to assist.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 months ago #130839 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Comments Disappear after modifying image
You can do it from the DB.
You can change the itemID row in the xx_k2_comments table.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• jk15060
More
10 years 1 month ago #130840 by jk15060
Thank you so much, Krikor! That worked like a charm!

I'm not sure this is part of the same issue, but is there a setting somewhere that will allow me to widen the text area for comments? It's very tall and thin. I think all I need to do is add more columns to the line of code so that people won't freak out at the very small space. Might be related to the template.

Thanks again for the heads up on moving the comment via the DB table.

Janis

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #130841 by Krikor Boghossian
Thank you Janis,

These changes can be made with CSS.
I would suggest that you override the template if you haven't already.

getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---